Blackbird Bend Corporation and its subsidiaries takes pride in making financial and in-kind donations to our local communities in order to improve quality of life in those neighborhoods and to further our involvement and presence within those communities. Because requests for donations and sponsorships are numerous and available funding is limited, we have implemented the following guidelines for requests, which we ask that you review carefully before submitting an application. Blackbird Bend Corporation reserves the right to consider each donation request on a case-by-case basis. Management reserves all rights to grant or deny requests.
- Requests must be submitted in writing by completing the Donation Request Form at least 30 days before funding is needed. Donation Requests must be typewritten or printed in a legible manner.
- The Donation Request Form may be emailed, mailed or hand-delivered to us according to instructions on the bottom of the form.
- Blackbird Bend Corporation will consider requests from non-profit and community organizations. Special attention will be focused on Native American functions and fundraisers for children and elders, disease prevention efforts, substance abuse education, domestic violence victim support and prevention, support for local arts programs, veterans’ groups and charities, programs for the elderly, and local and regional sporting events.
- We will not consider donation requests from individuals, current team members (employees) of our corporation, political parties/candidates, for-profit organizations, groups that primarily serve their own membership, anyone submitting an incomplete application, and individuals or groups making requests for medical support that benefits only a select number of individuals.
- We will not support organizations that practice discrimination based on race, creed, gender, age and/or national origin.
- Donation/sponsorship requests should serve the best interests of communities within a 50-mile radius of Blackbird Bend Casino or Lucky 77 Casino.
- Many factors are included in the careful evaluation of these requests, which are reviewed by our Executive Team on the first or third Wednesday of each month.
- Requests will be reviewed in the order they are received.
- Consideration is given to what other fundraising activities and efforts that organizations are undertaking to reach their fundraising goal.
- Any organization or individual found to have redirected awarded funds for personal use will be excluded from future consideration.
- As a condition of approval, recipients of all donations and sponsorships agree to properly advertise or acknowledge Blackbird Bend Corporation and/or its subsidiaries as a contributing donor to your event, function or activity. We will make our logo(s) available to your organization, upon request.
- Please note that a previous donation does not guarantee a donation will be offered again or a specific event, cause or donation amount.
- Management reserves the right to limit the number of awards to any organization in a calendar year.
- Upon approval of financial or in-kind support for your request, you will receive a phone call or email.
- A decision to deny a request does not imply that the applicant’s program or cause is not worthy, but simply that it does not fall within our giving guidelines, priorities, or that funds are not available.